Chapter one Principals
- Rutgers University - New Brunswick/Piscataway
- Communication Arts
- Communication Arts 200
- Chapter one Principals
Last Modified: 2011-07-18
Related Textbooks:Introducing Communication Theory: Analysis and Application
• Assumes there is only one message in communication process
• Assumes communication has a beginning and an ending.
this makes sense for radio or news broadcasters because there is no feedback.
• One person acts as sender and other receiver
• Fields of experience influence meaning of communication
• Underscores simultaneous sending and receiving of messages
• Sender and receiver are both responsible for the effect of communication
• Shared field of experience is critical to achieve shared meaning.
• Verbal aggression
• Communication is a powerful tool of persuasion and influence
• Thus, it is important to consider whether communication is used for ethical purposes.
• Appreciation for the richness of the research
• Application to your life experiences.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"