1. Atherosclerosis is an inflammatory disease.
True, p 1157
2. Decreasing low-density lipoproteins (LDLs) can cause regression of atherosclerotic lesions and improve endothelial function.
True, p 1159
3. Once fatty streaks accumulate, they form foam cells that cause immunologic changes that damage the endothelium.
False, p 1159
4. Even though air is lighter than blood, it can form an embolism and cause the occlusion of a blood vessel.
True, p 1147
5. Raynaud disease is characterized by vasospasms of large peripheral arteries.
False, p 1148
6. Many people with type 2 diabetes mellitus, who were treated with drugs that increased insulin sensitivity, experienced a decline in their blood pressure without taking antihypertensive drugs.
True, p 1152
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!