Christianity and Islam
- Arizona State University - Tempe
- Religious Studies
- Religious Studies 100
- Christianity and Islam
Last Modified: 2011-06-28
Related Textbooks:Religions of the World with Sacred World CD-ROM (10th Edition)
Related Textbooks:World's Religions w/CD: Worldviews and Contemporary Issues, A Prentice Hall Portfolio Edition (2nd Edition)
Dar al Islam
- home of submission
- The Shahada- express the unity of God and Muhammed as his Prophet
- Salat- pray 5 time a day and Friday at the mosque
- Sawm- fast during Ramadan
- Zakat- give 2.5% of your income to help the poor
- The Hajj- the pilgrimage to Mecca to visit the Kaba. However, it is not obligatory
- one should follow the example of Mohammed and at birth have a male relative or religious leader
- which is one who worships the one true God of Abraham
- tribal humanism which best describes the times and life style before Mohammad. It was a period of lawlessness and it was a barbaric time
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"