Classical & Operant Conditioning
- Purdue University
- Psychology 120
- Classical & Operant Conditioning
- same as UCR
- the reward
- food, warmth, sexual gratification
- money, prizes, grades, applause
- great for initial learning
- high rate of desired behavior
- produces a high rate of responses and learning is permanent
- responses increase only as the fixed time approaches
- produces a high rate of steady responses
- "Skinner Box" - rats pushing levers
- hitting or yelling
- take away car or video games
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"