- University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
- Management 449
- Corporate Strategy
Last Modified: 2011-07-12
Related Textbooks:Crafting and Executing Strategy: The Quest for Competitive Advantage: Concepts and Cases
2. the cost of entry test
3. the better off test
2. internal start up
3. joint ventures
2. combining related value chain activites
3. exploiting common use of a well know brand
4. cross business collaboration to create competitively valuable resource strengths and capabilities
2. undervalued companies that can be acquired at a bargain price
3. struggling companies whose operations can be turned around with the aid of the parent company's financial resources and managerial know-how
2. opportunities to transfer skills, technology, or intellectual capital from one business to another, thereby leveraging use of existing resources
3. opportunities to share use of a wll respected brand name
4. opportunities for sister businesses to collaborate in creating valuable new competitive capabilities
2. opportunities to capitalize on cross business economies of scope
3. opportunities to transfer competitively valuable resources both from one business to another and from one country to another.
4. ability to leverage use of a wellknown and competitively powerful brand name.
5. ability to capitalize on oportunities for cross business and cross country collaboration and strategic coordination
6. opportunities to use cross business or cross country subsidization to out compete rivals
five forces industry analysis
2. portfolio analysis (BCG)
-b and f inegration
2. increase control
3. achieve operating synergies
-theme of retrench to core and outsourcing
1. leverage another company's assets
2. focus on what you do best
3. fast agile competitive responses
2. temporay alliances
2. virtual office
3. virtual workforce
4 virtual corporation
a series of contracts
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"