- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Vocabulary Aed382
- Cycle 1
Last Modified: 2014-04-20
(noun) 1. the act or a result of breaking; break or rupture.
2. an infraction or violation, as of a law, trust, faith, or promise
1. to board (a ship or aircraft)
2. to commence or engage (in) a new project, venture
(verb) to try to equal or excel; imitate with effort to equal or surpass
(adj) deviating from the regular or proper course;erring; straying
(verb) to cause strain on (something); upset; discompose
(verb) to stimulate by
(adj) given to inquiry, research, or asking questions; eager for knowledge; intellectually curious
1. to make necessary repairs on; restore to serviceable condition
2. to investigate or examine thoroughly for repair or revision
1. to struggle or fight in a rough, confused manner
2. to go or move in hurried confusion
(adj) insignificant or flimsy
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"