1. earth young
2. each species specially created; species don't change, and the number of species remains the same
3. Adaptation to the environment is the work of a creator, who decided the structure and function of each type of organism. Any variations are imperfections
4. obsercations are supposed to substantiate the prevailing worldview
1. Earth old
2. species related by descent
3. adaptation to the environment is the interplay of random variations and environmental conditions
4. observation and experimentation are used to test hypotheses, including hypotheses about evolution
father of taxonomy (binomial system of nomenclature)
believed in fixity of species, each species has an ideal structure and function, lowest on bottom, most complex on top
evolution not possible
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!