Birth to age 6, who have no overt signs of developmental delays
Denver II scoring
Each item is represented by a bar.
• Bar shows the age at which 25%, 50%, 75%, and
90% of the standardization sample passed that item. - The numbers along the bottom & top of the score sheet indicate months then years - Rs on the left end mean they can be passed by parental report - Nos. on the left end mean see footnote
What are the overall categories tested in the Denver II test?
- Personal social - Fine motor adaptive - Language - Gross motor
What do you tell parents about the Denver II test?
- Not an IQ test - Child is not expected to do all the items
How do you calculate testing age?
Date of testing: Yr/Mo./Day DOB: Yr/Mo./Day
Subtract: if taking from months and year - add 12 to months
When do you calculate for prematurity?
Born more than 2 wks early and are < 2 yo.
How do you calculate testing age for a premature child?
Calculate test age. Subtract amt premature - figured in months and weeks.
How do you start the Denver II
- Put out items for child to play - Watch child to see if will do test items spontaneously - Talk to parent about skills can do - Start with social/personal items - Language items third - Gross motor items last - children get excited & won't want to do quiet items
What items should you select for the Denver II test?
- Pick three items to the left of the age line; Most children will be able to complete those items - Get three consecutive Ps & move up the chart - Must test up to age line - Move up the chart if time - Stop when you have three Fails in a row = child's ceiling
Child gets three chances for each item
Cautions are marked
With a large "C" at the end of the bar
Maximum of one caution Screen again at next interval
Two or more cautions AND One or more delays
Rescreen in one to two weeks to r/o fatigue, illness, etc.
If still suspect - may need referrals
How do you mark the score sheet?
Mark on 50% line
P: Pass F: Fail R: Refused NO: Has not had a chance to try this item - IE brush teeth
Want to see the other 13 Flashcards in DENVER II Test?JOIN TODAY FOR FREE!