Last Modified: 2016-03-08
* one strand from original
* duplicate in 5'-3'
2. helicase splits strands
3. SSBs keep strands seperate
* DNA polymerase codes small chunks (essentially backwards)
* DNA polymerase removes RNA primer
* chunks glued together by DNA Ligase
* remove supercoils
* decrease linking number of loop
* promotes chromosomal detanglement
* used for colon cancer
* interrupts DNA replication causing unligated DNA
* ultimately activates apoptosis
* inhibit ATPase; eliminate energy source
* binds Fe & reduces free radicals
* cardiomyopathy & extravasation
* 11 GATC
* nucleosomes slow down speed
* add additional units to telomeres;
* more active in cancer cells
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"