A sentimental type of song popular in the 19th century. Not hard to preform.
A term for popular music indusrty
-published many songs; many short-lived
- Lead-in verse followed by chorus
- 3/4 meter
- a a b a, in 32 measures
A forerunner of jazz, usually for the piano in a marchlike style.
- 2/4 meter
- catchy melodies
- much syncopation, especially in right hand part
- a a b form in 12 measures
- established progression of chords
- strophic w/ several verses
- instruments sometimes added "breaks" in lines
"The semester I found StudyBlue, I went from a 2.8 to a 3.8, and graduated with honors!"Jennifer Colorado School of Mines