- University of North Carolina - Charlotte
- Political Science
- Political Science 3010 a01
Last Modified: 2012-05-08
- Violated Equal Protection Clause when they reserve admission for males only.
- Cannot use after the fact rationalization. the separate institute for promoting diversity must be the objective.
- SCOTUS: while maintaining VMI for men only, has failed to provide any "comparable single-gender women's institute."
- Non comparable curricular choices, faculty stature, funding, prestige, alumni support and influence.
Was the sex discrimination faced byMercer a violation of Title IX? Yes.
Title IX applies once she was allowed to try out. Where a university has allowed a member of the opposite sex to try outfor a single-sex team in a contact sport, the university is subjected to titleIX and prohibited from discriminating against that individual on the basis ofhis or her sex.
**Also students receive financial aid, Therefore school received financial funding
- Provide athletic participation opportunities that are substantially proportionate to the student enrollment
- Demonstrate a continual expansion of athletic opportunities for the underrepresented sex
- Full and effective accommodations of the interest and ability of underrepresented sex.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"