Last Modified: 2012-02-23
contradicts with norms, caused by factors that operate at multiple levels of social life
involves intergroup conflict
require social action to be resolved
institutional framework of society is a source of many social problems
appeal to prejudice
black neighborhood were systematically labeled "high risk" regarding mortgage
poor, urban school are often targeted and seen as failing
require training and specialization
service based jobs
- marital quality is declining for the moderately educated middle, but not for the highly educated
- divorce rates are up for moderatley educated relative to highly educated
- moderately educated middle is dramatically more likely than highly educated to have children outside of marriage
- children of highly educated parents are more likely to live with mother and father
changes in marriage patterns are related to a variety of worse outcomes
poor material circumstances
low expectation for the future
- most fathers are involved during the pregnancy and immediately after birth
- unmarried parents are much more disadvantaged than married
- most do not last
- father involvement declines over time
- welfare programs important
increase union stability
make access to high quality early education and health care regardless of marital status
policies addressing effects of postsecondary and penal policies on families
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"