Exam 2: Communication, aggression, spatial rec
- Eastern Michigan University
- Biology 483
- Ashley Rolfe
- Exam 2: Communication, aggression, spatial rec
Last Modified: 2012-03-25
Do I FIGHT with it?
Do I FEED on it?
Do I F*CK it?
Mammas live by these four F's
2) Distance-maintaining: Howler -> go away
3) Distance-reducing: "lost" call of cebus monkey
4) Proximity-maintaining: grooming.
Self/non-self in immunte system, recognize things that aren't you.
2) Pecking Order A->B->C->D
3) Triangular Dominance C->A->B->C
4) A ->BC; BC->A
Useful: Night or day uses, signal lasts for days, travel around solids. Cost effective.
Useful: Immediate response, fast transmission, effective night or day, produced by single organism, can travel around objects.
2) Worn others of possible predators
3) Confuse predator if a lot of flags go up
4) Signals to predator that they have been seen
5) Eliciting pre-mature pursuit "go away"
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"