Last Modified: 2014-06-15
Related Textbooks:Fundamentals of Corporate Finance
lots of the same item that is only distinguished by price.
- companies in commodity business are "price-takers"
- Product differentiation
- "Moat" = competitive advantage that repels others from stealing your product or idea.
- Perceived product differentiation
- Can charge a premium for its products
- "price setters"
1. Tenure with company
2. Relationship with company
3. Compensation (Salary/stock bonus)
4. Stock ownership
5. Past performance
- Around 8-12 members
- Stock Ownership
- Ability to contribute
- Diverse Backgrounds and experiences
- marketing tool
- can give a feel for forthrightness of management
reconciles changes in the company's cash positions due to operations, investing, and financing.
- very important in terms of "true" profit
- Proxy Report
- if investor holds more than 5%
Profit margin = NI / Sales
ROA = NI / Sales
ROE = NI / Stockholders Equity
Current Ratio = Current Assets / Current Liabilities (debt)
Quick Ratio = (CA - Inv.) / CL
Inventory Turnover = Sales / inventory
Receivables Turnover = Sales / AR
Fixed Asset Turnover (FAT) = Sales / FA
Total Asset Turnover (TAT) = Sales / TA
Leverage ratio = TA / SE
Coverage Ratio = EBIT / interest expense
Debt ratio = total debt / total assets
Debt to Equity ratio = Debt / Equity
(CA - Inv.) / CL
EBIT / interest exp.
Total Debt / Total Assets
(TL / TA)
Debt / equity
(TL / SE)
ROE = (NI / Se)
(NI / Sales) * (Sales / TA) * (TA / SE)
ROA = NI / TA
= (NI / Sales) * (Sales / TA)
- Total Return
- Requested Return
- Income + Capital Gain
- Discount Rate
- Average Annual total return of a bond
- Rate that balances price and CF's (outflows & inflows)
= "true return"
= approximated by the yield on similar bonds
Annual Coupon / Price of bond
= Income Component
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"