- Generally the largest expense in the advertising budget
- IKEA boosts their advertisements in August before school
- Puffery: the legal exaggeration of praise, stopping just short of deception, lavished on a product
- Ex) A shoe company that is partnered with a service organization in Argentina
- Motts Strawberry applesauce to attract healthier consumers; Star wars memorabilia to attract collectors and fans etc.
- Ex) Geek Squad at Best Buy offers technical support
"The semester I found StudyBlue, I went from a 2.8 to a 3.8, and graduated with honors!"Jennifer Colorado School of Mines