Exam 3- Ch 13
- University of Washington - Seattle Campus
- Psychology 101
- Exam 3- Ch 13
Last Modified: 2011-07-04
Related Textbooks:Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behavior
- consistency of a measure
- test-retest reliability= reliability over time
- Internal consistency reliability= consistency w/in itself
- Does a measure really assess the quality that it claims to assess
- Does test "look" valid?
- least important scientifically
- degree to which a measure adequately represents the entire range of items/behaviors, that could have been included
- (ex predictive validity)
- ability of a measure to predict an outcome
- SAT's predict 1st yr college gpa moderately well
- Does a measure truly assess the "construct" (characteristic, trait, attribute) that is claimed to measure?
- structure of personality
- Id- present at birth, instincts are located
- Ego- conscious, preconscious levels, governed by reality
- Superego- morality, copes w/demands of everyday
- a signal that the ego is having difficulty coping w/demands of life
- a signal that unconscious memories, urges that are threatening are trying to emerge into consciousness
- Pushing, anxiety, thoughts, etc. into the unconscious mind
- an unacceptable impulse, thought is repressed and then is directed towards a safer substitute target
- an unacceptable impulse is repressed & then attributed to other people
- able to realize our own highest potential
- desire for acceptance/love from others to feel good about ourselves
- congruency- consistency between self-perceptions and experience
- humanistic therapy
- self-consistency- absence of conflict among self-perceptions
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"