Exam #3 Chapter - 11
- Oklahoma State University - Stillwater
- Arts And Sciences
- Arts And Sciences 1
- Exam #3 Chapter - 11
Last Modified: 2011-06-23
- Each human sperm cell and each human egg cell contain 23 chromosomes
- Zygote + Y-sperm = Male
- Zygote + X-sperm = Female
Embryo's with X and Y chromosome begin to produce a hormone called testosterone, which masculinizes their reproductive organs.
- Increases risk of birth defects, especially with respect to shape and size of the head and brain structure.
- E.g. : reaching, grasping, crawling, walking.
- Birth - 2 years
- 2-6 years old
- 6 - 11 years old
- Zone of proximal development: wide, but bounded range of skills a child could obtain.
- Joint Attention: Baby looks where parent looks.
- Social referencing : Infants look at adults to gauge their reactions.
Avoidant: Generally not distressed when caretaker leaves. 20%
Ambivelent: Always distressed. 15%
Disorganized: No consistent pattern. 5%
- Starts at about 11-14 years old and ends about 18-21 years old.
- The prefrontal cortex is responsible for controlled processing.
- Difficulty doing cognitive tasks that require effort, initiative, or strategy.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"