Exam 3: Neuronal Plasticity
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
- Neuroscience 524
- Exam 3: Neuronal Plasticity
Last Modified: 2011-07-03
- correlated: strengthens synapse
- uncorrelated: weakens synapse
what receptor is important in Hebbian synapses?
- allows passage of Ca, Na, K
- activation requires enough depol to relieve a blockage of a Mg ion
- glutamate present
- postsynaptic cell depolarized suffiecently
Ca acts through second messanger systems to trigger insertion of AMPA receptors
- visual: maps are retinotopic
- auditory: head centered, depend on ITD and ILD
- amputation of a digit
- extended use of a digit
- temporally coincident stimulation of digits
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"