Exam 3 pt. 2
Last Modified: 2011-07-01
Related Textbooks:Psychology: From Inquiry to Understanding Value Package (includes MyPsychLab CourseCompass with E-Book Student Access )
conciousness moves, flows, changes
college age: spend about 1/3 waking time daydreaming
-susceptible to hypnotism
-receive special messages
2. encourage concentration on only suggested stimuli
3. encourage the belief that the subject is about to enter a special state of conciousness
2. cognitive positivity
3. hyper-selective attention
4. reduced reality theory
4. Enhanced Memory
5. Posthypnotic Suggestion: a suggestion made during a hypnosis session to be carried out after the subject has been no longer hypnotized
6. Disinhibition: do things you normally wouldnt do
evidence: can get hypnotic phenomenon without hypnosis. hypnotic-enhanced memories are often wrong- confidence in memory increases, not accuracy. not demonstrated MAJOR change in the brain state under hypnosis
Theory: during hypnosis our conciousness divides into 2 streams
1. part of conciousness aware of the hypnotic and the external world
2. Hidden Observer
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"