- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
- Social Work
- Social Work 250
- Exam 3_2011.04.......?
Last Modified: 2011-07-12
Related Textbooks:Human Development - A Life-Span View 4TH EDITION
- One of the key regions in brain involved in processing fear.
- Neural connections within this structure are strengthened in response to stress
- When constantly experiencing fear, we increase our ability to recognize and prepare to respond to fear/stress
- Prolonged stress impairs memory functions
- Stress can also strengthen neuronal connections
- Can alleviate stress immediately, but temporarily
- Can lead to an increased risk of stress/anxiety further down the road
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"