Last Modified: 2011-09-19
Related Textbooks:Abnormal Psychology Media and Research Update with MindMap CD
- fear hierarchy
- teach (progressive) relaxation
- work thru hierarchy, returing to relaxation on signal
- Clinical Disorders
- Presenting concern
- focus of tx
- causes clinically sig distress of impairment
- personality disorders
- mental retardation
- Environmental Problem
- Imperfect system= not totally reliable
- Stigmatization= overrides other info, hard to disconfirm
- Cultural Bias
- Gender bias
- Political = those in power determine categories
- Reflects the reality of mental illness
- links to tx and prognosis, tx increases evidence-based
- facilitates research
- communication amoung pros
- required for insurance reimbursement
- helps clients to start to address probs access info
- Holmes and Rahe's Soc. Readjustment Scale
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"