Some countries in the Americas still have large populations of indigenous or partly indigenous peoples. Of the following, which pair of countries does not have comparatively as large of an indigenous population as the other countries?
1. Guatemala and Peru
2. Ecuador and Bolivia
3. Paraguay and Mexico
4. Argentina and Uruguay
4. Argentina and Uruguay.
Argentina's population is 84% European decent.
Which of the following statements is not true regarding English expansionism in the 16th century?
1. King Henry VIII’s desire to divorce Catherine of Aragon strengthened English expansionism.
2. King Henry VIII’s desire to divorce Catherine of Aragon strengthened English expansionism.
3. England’s defeat of the Spanish Armada in 1588 brought a decisive end to their war with Spain.
4. Sir Francis Drake and other English sea captains plundered the Spaniards’ plunders of Indians.
3. England’s defeat of the Spanish Armada in 1588 brought a decisive end to their war with Spain
Which of the following is not true regarding the Virginia Companies?
1. One of these companies, the Virginia Company of London, made its base in Massachusetts.
2. One of these companies, the Virginia Company of Plymouth, made its base in North America.
3. One company had a charter to colonize America from the Potomac River to north Maine.
4. One company had a charter to colonize America between the Hudson and Cape Fear rivers.
1. the Virginia company of London was based in London, not MA.
TWhich of the following statements is not true regarding the colony of Jamestown?
1. The majority of settlers in early Jamestown died of starvation, disease, or Indian attacks.
2. The colony of Jamestown was established by the Virginia Company of London in 1607.
3. The colony of Jamestown became the first permanent English colony in North America.
4. John Smith’s governance helped Jamestown more than John Rolfe’s tobacco discovery.
4. John Smith's governance DIDN'T help Jamestown more than John Rolfe's tobacco discovery.
Which of the following conquistadores unwittingly gave smallpox to the Indians and destroyed the Aztec empire in Mexico?
Ponce de Leon
Which of these factors was not a direct contributor to the beginning of the American Revolution?
James Otis’s court argument against Great Britain’s Writs of Assistance as breaking natural law
The attitudes of leaders in Great Britain toward the American colonies and imperialism
The attitudes of American colonists toward Great Britain following the French and Indian War
Lord Grenville’s Proclamation of 1763, Sugar Act, Currency Act, and especially Stamp Act
3. the attitudes of American colonists towards Great Britain following the French and Indian war didn't contribute really