Last Modified: 2012-03-08
When connectionless protocols are implemented at the lower layers of the OSI model, what are usually used to acknowledge the data receipt and request the retransmission of missing data?
- connectionless acknowledgements
- upper-layer connection-oriented protocols
- Network layer IP protocols
- Transport layer UDP protocols
upper-layer connection-oriented protocols
The Layer 4 header contains which type of information to aid in the delivery of data?
- service port number
- host logical address
- device physical address
- virtual connection identifier
During the encapsulation process, which identifiers are added at the transport layer?
- two networks routing the packets
- two applications communicating the data
- two hosts at either end of the communication two nodes on the local network exchanging the frame
Which two functions of the OSI model occur at layer two? (Choose two.)
- physical addressing
- media access control
media access control
What information can be gathered by using the command netstat?
- the default gateway
- the routing protocol
- active TCP connections
- the locally configured subnet mask
active TCP connections
Which subnet mask will allow 2040 hosts per subnet on the IP network 10.0.0.0?
In a network design project, a network designer needs to select a device to provide collision free connections to 40 hosts on the LAN. Which device should be selected?
Which process provides the means to send and receive data when running multiple applications at the same time on a computer?
Which statement is true about Layer 3 addresses?
- They are physical addresses.
- They are used in routing decisions.
- They are only used on local networks.
- They are altered each time a packet crosses a router.
They are used in routing decisions.Definition
Which device should be used for enabling a host to communicate with another host on a different network?
A user sees the command prompt: Router(config-if)# . What task can be performed at this mode?
- Reload the device.
- Perform basic tests.
- Configure individual interfaces.
- Configure individual terminal lines
What can the user do from the command prompt, Router(config-line)# ?
- Configure one of the network interfaces.
- Configure one of the physical or virtual lines.
- Verify the running configuration on the device.
- Configure the parameters for one of the routing protocols.
- The clocking information is manually configured by the administrator.
- It is automatically sensed from the DCE device.
- It is automatically generated based on port speed.
- It is autonegotiated between the DTE and the DCE device
- Reload the device.
- Issue the command copy running-config start-up config.
- Perform a show running-config to verify that the file was removed.
- Enter the interface commands to allow the device to connect to the network.
- It can list each hop on the way to a destination host.
- It can show the average latency of hosts on the network.
- It can provide a list of physical addresses on the network.
- It can indicate which hosts are not responding to network traffic
- the host portion of the IP address
- the network portion of the IP address
- host default gateway address
- the MAC address
Which OSI layer uses the header information to reassemble the data segments into streams?
- network layer
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"