To login with Google, please enable popups
Forgot your password?
Don’t have an account? Sign up
To signup with Google, please enable popups
Sign up with Google or Facebook
To sign up you must be 13 or older. Other people won’t see your birthday.
By signing up I agree to StudyBlue's
Already have an account? Log in
4. The plantation controversy. What were some advantages and disadvantages of plantations?
9. What are some positive and negative aspects of commercialization of agriculture? List some of the major regions of commercial agriculture.
What were the impacts of mining on the Indian population; on urbanization, on social stratification and on regional development?
What factors limited manufacturing during most of the 19th century?
Discuss Puerto Rico’s Operation Bootstrap as an effort to promote export-oriented manufacturing. What contributed to the early success of this program?
Describe the maquiladora industry - its origin, location, and impacts.
18. Describe the current model of export promotion manufacturing development (free trade, privatization, foreign investment, emphasis on agricultural specialties and manufactured products).
Where is Latin American manufacturing concentrated? (Figure 11.17). Identify major industrial regions (Figure 11.14): Brazil’s triangle, Mexico City, Monterrey, Mexico’s northern towns.
What have been the major demographic trends in Latin America since 1950?
23. Describe Latin America’s population trends (Figure 12.12). The early colonial period (1500-1650). Population trends during 1650-1900. Twentieth century trends. The demographic transition in Latin America.
24. What are the current trends in mortality, fertility, and rates of population growth? What explains Latin America’s rather quick mortality decline? How would you describe Latin America’s age structure?
Discuss some important consequences of rapid urbanization (squatter settlements, the informal sector).
Sign up for free and study better. Anytime, anywhere.
Get started today!