Function Of The Heart Ch.17
- Lincoln Technical Institute
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Anatomy & Physiology 10 1 2014
- Function Of The Heart Ch.17
Last Modified: 2014-08-27
- Increases SA node activity; increasing heart rate
- increases the speed at which the cardiac impulse travels from the SA node trough tou the his-Purkinje system
- increases the force of myocardial contraction; strengthening the force of the myocardial contraction
- Produces flight or fight response ; racing and pounding heart
- plays a key role in some disease stages
- causes tachydysrhythmias
- you will give drugs that resemble or block the effects of sympathetic activity
- Decreases SA node activity ; decreasing heart rate
- decreases the speed at which the cardiac impulse travels from SA node to and through the AV node
- exerts no effect on the strength of the myocardial contraction
- In the resting heart, bagel tone is more intense than sympathetic activity
- certain conditions and drugs cause excess vAgal discharge
- you will be giving drugs that later the effect of vAgal activity
signs and symptoms
- blood-tingled sputum
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"