General law and home ruled cities
Last Modified: 2016-03-08
- Mention the two types of incorporated municipalities in Texas.
- Explain what a general-law city is.
- Explain what Dillon’s rule is.
- Explain what a home-rule city is.
- How many home-rule cities are in Texas?
- Mention the areas where home-rule cities enjoy more freedom than general-law cities.
- Why home-rule cities have more freedom when it comes to the structure of city government?
- Explain what the mayor-council form of city government is.
- What is the responsibility of the mayor and city council under the mayor-council form?
- Budget-managing authority
- Local ordinances
- Supervising the cities administrative departments
- Explain what annexation is.
- What areas are the easy to annex?
- Why are unincorporated areas easy to annex?
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"