General Psychology Chapter 1
Last Modified: 2014-01-19
- help organizations select and train employees, boost morale and productivity, and design products an assess responses to them
- act as repairmen for a company
- Does this prove causation? No, never. It only tells you 2 things are related
- Positive Correlation: the two things you're looking are related and goes up
- Negative Correlation: Inversely related
- Placebo: is the lessening of symptoms by believing in the healing power of a make believe medicine
- Placebo effect: healing that occurs because of what they thought was medicine worked
- Survey: page through chapter looking at headings/summary
- Question: turn headings into questions
- Read: as you read, answer questions you posed
- Recite: mentally (or orally) rehearse relevant info)
- Review: recall questions and relate what you've learned
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"