• Particles from all parts of the body are collected and transmitted to offspring
• The father’s contribution to the child is carried in the semen.
• Women must have a similar fluid that remains internal.
• At conception the two fluids mix and each trait from a parent battles its equivalent from the other parent and the winner in each case is the inherited one.
Male = form and motion (aka the blueprint for the new organism)
Female = matter and body (provides the home
Aristotle (384-322 BC)
• Divided reproduction into three categories which are
•Every gamete carries a potential “child”
•Those offspring must also carry their own offspring in their preformed gametes.
– Every single generation must have been preformed at the time of creation.
– There may be a limit to the number of generations possible for any species
Antony Van Leeuwenhoek (1632-1723)
• First Microscope • Observed and described
spermatozoa in semen • Observed and described the fertilization process.
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!