To login with Google, please enable popups
Forgot your password?
Don’t have an account? Sign up
To signup with Google, please enable popups
Sign up with Google or Facebook
To sign up you must be 13 or older. Other people won’t see your birthday.
By signing up I agree to StudyBlue's
Already have an account? Log in
Coriolis Effect causes winds in the N hemisphere to deflect
Coriolis effect causes wind in the southern hemisphere to deflect
Winds circulate which way around a low pressure cell (cyclone)?
Winds circulate which way around a high pressure cell (anticyclone)?
what is the relationship b/w the dew point temp & relative humidity of a surface?
what is latent heat energy?
1. Antarctica is not a country and so does not have an economy of its own. (pg.285)
1. The sedimentation of a reef system may ultimately kill the coral. (pg.299)
1. The Amazon River carries more than twice the amount of water of the next largest river, the Congo in Africa. (pg. 299)
1. In South America, marine life includes some of the world’s richest fisheries along the western coast of Ecuador, Peru and northern Chile. (pg. 299)
1. The climate in the southern Andes countries ranges from arid regions in northern Chile and parts of Argentina to one of the world’s stormiest and wettest regions in southern Chile. (pg. 295)
1. The latitudinal position of the Andes Mountains coupled with their very high altitude results in a series of vertical zones with distinctive climate and vegetation regimes. (pg. 298)
1. Policies directed at marketing non-Russians into Russians by encouraging or forcing non-Russians to adopt Russian cultural characteristics such as the Russian language.
1. The Kyoto Protocol of 1997 called for the increase of six primary greenhouse gas emissions so that the average yearly emissions for the years 2008 to 2012 were 50% less than their emissions in 1990.
1. In Western Europe, the highest densities of population are in urbanized industrial belt from central Britain to northern France, Belgium, and Netherlands, and into Germany.
1. Germany is considered the “Motor” of Europe since it has one of the world’s largest economies and the largest in Europe.
1. The more fertile lands of western Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and Moldova have higher population densities and are punctured with greater concentrations of people around industrial cities.
1. The Cold War division of Europe between non- Communist West and Soviet Communist East ran through Germany and its capital Berlin.
1. Perestroika is the communist practice of the government, rather than the free market, deciding what goods and services need to be produced within a country.
1. The plate tectonics located in the region of Chile are the Pacific tectonic and North America tectonic.
Conservation Efforts in Guyana
Seawater desalination plants in what 3 countries?
Hydropolitics example country?
Give an example (rivers) of exotic rivers
Which region was urbanized 3,500 BCE? 3,000 BCE? 2,000 BCE?
Large demand for foreign workers where?
Out-migration from where to where?