Last Modified: 2014-04-23
- interior angles
- surface area
b = base
h = vertical height
- corresponding angles
- corresponding sides
*The lengths being compared do not have to be sides--they can represent heights or perimeters. In fact, the figures do not even have to be triangles. The principle holds true for any similar figure or polygon.
- The angles formed by any intersecting lines
- The angles formed by parallel lines cut by a transversal
- vertical line
- zero in denominator
- forms a 90 degree angle with the segment
- divides the segment exactly in half
- the products of the two slopes is -1
- the only exception occurs when one line horizontal and the other line is vertical, since vertical lines have undefined slopes
- >0 = two roots, two x-intercepts
- =0 =1 root, one x-intercept
- <0 = no roots, the parabola never touches the x-axis, no x-intercepts
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"