1) I can conceive of experience this very pain while possessing no physical features.
2) If I can conceive of a particular scenario, then that scenario is possible. So,
3) It is possible that this very pain occurs in a disembodied being.
4) If this very pain was identical to physical state, then it could not possibly occur in a dismebodied being. So,
5) This very pain is not identical to any physical state.
Conclusion: The identity thesis is false.
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!