Last Modified: 2014-06-13
- remember to take square root when looking for "c"
- all sides equal
- all angles equal 60°
- whole: 360°
- 1/4: 90°
- 1/2: 180°
- 3/4: 270°
- can be negative or positive
- sometimes called "natural" or "whole" numbers
- do NOT include fractions
- do NOT include decimals
- DOES include ZERO.
- 0 nor 1 is prime
- zero in the numerator is fine.
- always positive.
- just because the answer to the question is NO doesn't mean it is insufficient.
- yes or no-- sufficient
- maybe-- insufficient
- fractions must have same denominator.
- multiply the denominators together for a new common one.
- then multiply the numerators by the same number you did the demonimator,
- multiply the whole number by the denominator and add the numerator.
- that becomes the new numerator and use the same denominator.
- to find the whole part, set up a proportion.
- look at ratio box on page 111
- a little bit more than simple
- quarterly= rate is divided into 4 equal parts.
- semiannually= two equal parts
- plug in numbers to formula
- then divide total sum of remaining numbers by total number of remaining numbers
- can be more than one mode
- avoid using 0 or to plug in
- or numbers in the problem or answer choices
- for problems using percents, use 100
- hours or minutes use 30 or 120
- plug in a number for total (fractions: multiply denominators)
- write down the totals of each part
- the number you're looking for should reduce into an answer choice
- (x+y)2= x2+2xy+y2
- (x+y)(x-y)= x2-y2
- (x-y)2= x2-2xy+y2
- don't reduce functions
- 19 problem-solving, 18 data sufficiency
- 13 reading comprehension
- 17 sentence correction
- 11 critical reasoning
- table analysis
- graphics interpretation
- multi-source reasoning
- two-part analysis
- questions left unanswered will lower your score.
- negative slope
- positive slope
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"