GRE WORDS 8
Last Modified: 2014-09-03
- Adopt or support (a cause, belief, or way of life).
synonyms: inconsequential, piddling, trifling
antonyms: important, significant
- the introductory part of a statute or deed, stating its purpose, aims, and justification.
- a Gentile who has converted to Judaism.
- edit (text) for publication.
- censor or obscure (part of a text) for legal or security purposes.
(Noun) a job or position requiring little work but providing some income
Having little substance or strength; shaky; unsure, weak.
find fault with
- blessing, benediction
syn: induce, beguile, cajole, wheedle
soil, stain, tarnish, defile, besmirch
- approve or sanction (something), especially with reluctance.
incarceration or imprisonment
2) dishonest; unprincipled
1. A person invested with full power to do business on behalf of another
- an approach that concentrates on the study of consciousness and the objects of direct experience.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"