Groups and Organizations I
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- Sociology 100
- Groups and Organizations I
Last Modified: 2011-07-15
-interact with each other
-share goals and norms
-have subjective awareness of themselves as a group
-face a common challenge or threat
-1/3 of all subjects conformed to the others by answering incorrectly
- experimenters capacity to punish
- degree of surveillance by the experimenter over the participant
- proximity of the experiments to participant
- participants physical proximity to the victim
- participants position in a larger chain of command
- illusion of invulnerability
- false impression of others
- discouragement of dissenting opinions
- illusion of unanimity
- lack of diversity
We see what we want or are taught to see
Emphasizes a dimension of the interactive process to be Cultural meaning
P= Rewards- Punishments
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"