GTY 318 Exam 1
Last Modified: 2012-02-21
- The number of older adults (65 +) per 100 children (<14
- Aging Index of 120 would mean 120 older adults for every 100 children
- Age didnt play a big role in American Society
- Age was more biological than social
- Intergenerational relationships were normal
- Change in Medication and education
- Legal Changes
- Youth Seen In a very different way
- Peer Society Emerges
- Place in the Social System-- relationships, education level, socio-economic status
- Historical Period in which you live
- Uniqueness of biography
- Multi-dimensional: Biologically, socially, physically
- Multispherical: DIfferent spheres- family, work and how these are each linked
- Multidirectional: Gains and Losses in Direction
- The broader social constraints. These are related because social structure constrains your ability to practice agency
- Agency is most salient, because...
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"