health exam 2
- East Carolina University
- Health And Community Service
- Health And Community Service 1000
- health exam 2
Last Modified: 2011-06-30
micronutrients-vitamins and minerals
macronutrients-water, carbs, proteins, fats
helps regulate body temp., carries waste out of body, and lubricates moving parts.
gives body amino acids
used to calculate risk of disease
ex: eating out
- hypertension-occurs when the pressure is great enough to damage artery walls
- there are no warning signs, it is the "deadly killer"
it is the leading preventable cause of cancer
- diets rich in fruits and vegetables fiber and whole grains decrease risk in cancer
- fat, lots of red meat or processed food contribute to cancer
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"