history 202 final
Last Modified: 2016-03-08
the US and Britain flew planes over to West Berlin with food and supplies following the Soviet blockade of the city
created a powerful army
- U.S. backed leader nationalist of China after WWII and into the Cold War from 1942-1945. Truman sent 3 billion in aid to Jiang but Jiang not reliable.
- Nationalists lost and the U.S. didn't want to bother with containment.
- focused on the next dominoes Vietnam and Korea.
Republican President Eisenhower vs Democrat Stevenson
Significance: Eisenhower wins reelection
arm ourselves, cut them off
Quadrupling of defense system
MacArthur's forces landed at this port near Seoul and cut off North Korea forces. MacArthur proceeded to invade North Korea
the judge that was the main Civil Rights judge
American governor who expressed his disapproving views on desegregation by dispatching Arkansas National Guard troops to prevent nine black students from entering the Little Rock Central High School
- Wall to divide Berlin City
- c. 1961-89 CE
- Separated the freedom of West and Communist rule of the East
- Installed in South Vietnam
- Anti-communist and catholic
- Family worked in the French Govt.
- Was not a great democratic leader
- Gave the president authority to “take all necessary measures to repel any armed attack against the forces of the United States and to prevent further aggression.”
South Vietnamese and Americans win back the territory. A lot of the VietCong died (enemy) .
-Intended to establish peace in Vietnam and an end to the Vietnam War, ended direct U.S. military involvement and temporarily stopped the fighting between north and south
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"