INTA 3013 Midterm
Last Modified: 2013-02-28
This is a war waged by a group against a political or religious system. The terrorists use bombs, hijackings and shooting to fight for their cause and violence is often directed against civilians.
Al-Qaeda-September 11th attacks in the US and July Bombings in Britain.
-Active combat: 1983-2009
-Tamils rebel-primary opposition to government trying to convert them
-LTTE became main militant group and was very brutal, even to Tamil people who didn't join. Child and women soldiers on front line. Invented suicide bombing.
- "Islamic Resistance Movement" is an Islamic Palestinian Socio-Political organization which includes a parliamentary force.
- Since June 2007, Hamas have governed the Gaza portion of the Palestinian Territories.
- Goal: Hamas wants to create an Islamic state in the West Bank and the Gaza strip, a goal which combines Palestinian Territories with an Islamic Palestinian State.
- While the US considers Hamas a terrorist organization, they were democratically elect.
- while the denounced terrorism, the attack still continues
Peru; Guerrilla group, Mission: By imposing a dictatorship which included cultural revolution, eventually sparking world revolution, they could arrive at pure communism. Widely condemned for their brutality, including violence deployed against peasants, trade union organizers, elected officials and the general civilian population, they are regarded by Peru as a terrorist organization.
*Japanese extremist cult
*Responsible for the 1995 Sarin subway attack
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"