Lecture 6: Organs of the Immune System
- University of Tennessee - Knoxville
- Microbiology 430
- Lecture 6: Organs of the Immune System
Last Modified: 2011-07-16
Related Textbooks:Kuby Immunology
- bone marrow
- primary lymphoid organ
- main site of production of cells in the innate immunity
- main site of production of b cells
- produces precursors of t cells
- main site of production of naive antigen unexperienced T cells
- formed early in life and reaches max size in puberty
- production of naive t cells is proportional to the size of the thymic tissue
-T cells mature in the thymus; T cells with too strong or too weak reactivity to self-antigens are deleted
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"