Lecture Notes for Nov 6, 2008
Last Modified: 2011-07-14
Related Textbooks:The Ancient Roman City (Ancient Society and History)
Related Textbooks:The Archaeology of Athens
- Augustus sent Zoilos to Aphrodisias with bag of money
- financed construction of N. Agora
- restored temple of Aphrodite
- constructed theater
- Stephanephorus - high priest position for Aphrodite
- Zoilos either freedman who returned home and became rich or freed, given money and ordered to power in the city by Augustus
- late 1st c BC
- freedman slave's tomb at intersection of two major streets
- very unusual travertine decorations
- sculptures around top depict act of making/selling bread
- would have had portrait on front with wife
- Late Republican Rome/early Augustan Rome, many slaves freed at once
- tombs appear on roads outside Rome with freedman slave reliefs
- tomb of Eurysaces (baker's tomb)
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"