Legalism & Buddhism M1
- University of Kansas
- East Asian Languages And Literature
- East Asian Languages And Literature 304
- Legalism & Buddhism M1
Last Modified: 2011-07-14
Related Textbooks:Chuang Tzu: Basic Writings
Related Textbooks:Pre-Modern East Asia: A Cultural, Social, and Political History
Related Textbooks:The Analects (Penguin Classics)
- Rule by Law
- Harsh punishments
- militaristic society
- Keep people ignorant
- Make people loyal to the state
- Make people contribute to the state
- Seek to expand and enrich the state
- Life is suffering
- Suffering arises from attachment to desire
- Suffering ends when attachment to desire ends
- Freedom from suffering is possible by practicing the Eightfold Path
Guanyin- referred to as male and female; believes in mercy and compassion; affiliated with the Lotus Sutra
Du Fu poem:
· Talks about military, gov’t policies, or advice for the emperor
Li Bo poem:
· He is very creative in his poems, striking Daoist imagery. He also uses nature to describe some of his poems.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"