Lesson 21- blood vessels of the upper limb
Last Modified: 2012-10-26
-Branch of Axillary Artery: Supplies several regions via multiple branches
mnemonic: Cadavers Are Dead People:
-Clavicular: Runs to sternoclavicular joint
-Acromial: Rans laterally over acromial process
-Deltoid: Often arising with the acromial, it crosses over the Pectoralis minor and passes in the deltopectoral groove as the cephalic vein supply pec major and deltoids
-Pectoral branch: Descends between Pectorales and distributes to them and breast connects with lateral thoraic
1. Posterior Neck to scapular notch over ligament and on to deep surface of supraspinatus and infraspinatus muscles.
2. Companion nerve? Suprascapular nerve
- a branch of the SUBSCAPULAR ARTERY
- serves LATISSIMUS DORSI
- runs with thoracodorsal (3rd subscapular) nerve
- located on the deep side of of latt dors @ humeral end (where it runs with thora nerve
- Branch of 3rd segment of the Axillary artery
- Encircles neck of humerus, supplies deltoids, and anastomoses with deep brachial artery
- May start combined with Posterior CHA in some people
Origin: ulnar artery in cubital fossa, distal to bifurcation of brachial artery
Course in forearm: passes laterally and deeply, terminating quickly by dividing into anterior and posterior interosseous arteries
-a branch of the ulnar artery
-it branches to supply the muscles that arise from the anterior and posterior surfaces of the interosseous membrane
- Runs with Brachial A
- Deep to Biceps Brachii
- Example of a Venae Comitantes (vein and artery run together)
- posterior empties into axillary vein
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"