they do the bare minimum; they are hated in place where the is a certain goal set to meet by a certain time
what is a squealer
someone that tells other people business; can be positive and negative
What are rate busters?
they blow everything they do out of the water, to the point they make everyone else look bad
What is Officious
sending message through action making people feel as thought they have a title that they don't; ex. he always take sam to lunch, she will think that she is better than everyone else
_____ lies a day
2 types of lies:
what are the acceptable lies
what is a white lie
social lubricants that make it easier to talk
what are humorous lies?
can be wonderful can be used to deflect or build self esteem
what are altruistic lies?
benefit of other
what are the unacceptable lies:
what is a defensive lie
expect it; it will happen when people are accused
what are aggressive lies?
the are the ones designed to harm
What are the 4 basic variable of impression management?
nature of relationship
what is nature of relationship
there is not need if it is someone you close with, and there is no need to manipulate
what is frequency
ex. every day saying "I love that shirt"
what is sensitivity?
how delicate is the matter
What are the 3 types of impression management?
what is self deprecation
lowering your stature in other peoples eyes so they don't feel quite so bad
what is other enhancement
building other up; you can lie but it has to be believable
what is opinion conformity
going along with opinion to certain degree to avoid confrontation
what is undue hardship
that is where someone that is wanting an accommodation is making a request for something that you can't give them; you file under undue hardship
What does ADA stand for:
American with Disabilities Act
Only have to acknowledge ADA rules if you have _____ or more employees
disabilities can be _______ and _______
mental and physical
What does EEOC stand for:
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
t/f the ADA oversees the EEOC
false flip it
the disability has to effect a _________
major life activity
what is a major life activity
the essential of life; walking, talking. hearing. human interaction. breathing, learning
they are to tell you about their disability after you make a ________
conditional job offer
t/f you can be sued due to ADA violation even if the person is not disabled
true; "perceive or regarded"
If you are looking for accomodationsyou still have to be able to preform the "___________"
essential functions of the job
t/f policies don't have to be written down
what is active enforcement
there is evidence that you have enforce it
what are 2 problems with moonlighting
1. fitness - coroners office took toll mentally wears you down
2. liability - be concerned where your people are
What are 4 reason living close to your business is essential:
1. emergency- need to live close in an emergency 2. deterrence - send cars home people ten to make sure they aren't doing anything; it free enforcement 3. economics - their taxes come back through the city 4. rapport - if you live in the community you have a bigger stake in the community
you should take the time you think it'll take for a meeting and ________ it
what are some limitations to group time:
1. groupthink - when you pick people that all already have the same opinion 2. pressure to conform - have people conform due to peer pressure 3. conflicting secondary goals 4. emerging domination - one or tow people monopolize the discussion
What are some advantages of group think:
1. knowledge - knowledge should go up. they should have something to bring to the table or its useless 2. strategies - are there other strategies, develop grout that can see other perspectives, diversity of thought 3. increase comprehension - make sure everyone understands 4. lead to sense of ownership acceptance - give people the opportunity to see there was no other way it would have worked
whose dad gave them a factory to run
what are the 3 individual decision making errors
over simplification over reliance on own experience
what is cognitve nearsightedness?
blinders, only seeing one way
what is over simplification
becuase ou know something, don't assume everyone knows
what is over reliance on own experience
this happened for me this is what you should do
What are Max Vaber 3 Components for Ideal Bureaucracy
1. competence -everyone is competent 2. hierarchy - perfect chain of command 3. rationality - objective, subjective
what are the 2 types of rationality
what is objective rationality
maximizing you outcome (everything you do is right)
what is subjective rationality
bound/ understand you are bounded; accepting imperfections;
t/f rationality is always subjective but objective is the goal
Want to see the other 80 Flashcards in Management?JOIN TODAY FOR FREE!