Point slope form is: (found by cross mulitiplying)
A cirlce with radius 1 and center (0,0)
x2 + y2 =1
(x+1)2 + (y+2)2 = 9, then 9 is R2 so the RADIUS IS 3! (not 9!)
Also, the center point, (h,k) is -1,-2
-you multiply out all the (x-h)2 and the (y-k)2
-you get the general form. which is :
x2 + y2 +ax+by+c=0
1. you MUST put it in standard form.
2. to do this, you must COMPLETE THE SQUARE!
3. Then you can find the different parts of the equation- such as the center of the circle, and the radius.
Completing the square:
In GENERAL FORM:
1. Everything is one one side so it equals ZERO!
2. Also, if you write something in general form do not replace the x and y with their values. Leave them as "x and y" and instead replace the center (h,k) and the radius.
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"Alice , Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"Tim , University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"Jennifer , Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"Justin , LSU