Point slope form is: (found by cross mulitiplying)
A cirlce with radius 1 and center (0,0)
x2 + y2 =1
(x+1)2 + (y+2)2 = 9, then 9 is R2 so the RADIUS IS 3! (not 9!)
Also, the center point, (h,k) is -1,-2
-you multiply out all the (x-h)2 and the (y-k)2
-you get the general form. which is :
x2 + y2 +ax+by+c=0
1. you MUST put it in standard form.
2. to do this, you must COMPLETE THE SQUARE!
3. Then you can find the different parts of the equation- such as the center of the circle, and the radius.
Completing the square:
In GENERAL FORM:
1. Everything is one one side so it equals ZERO!
2. Also, if you write something in general form do not replace the x and y with their values. Leave them as "x and y" and instead replace the center (h,k) and the radius.
"The semester I found StudyBlue, I went from a 2.8 to a 3.8, and graduated with honors!"Jennifer Colorado School of Mines