Math Ch. 2 Test
Last Modified: 2011-06-26
Point slope form is: (found by cross mulitiplying)
A cirlce with radius 1 and center (0,0)
x2 + y2 =1
(x+1)2 + (y+2)2 = 9, then 9 is R2 so the RADIUS IS 3! (not 9!)
Also, the center point, (h,k) is -1,-2
-you multiply out all the (x-h)2 and the (y-k)2
-you get the general form. which is :
x2 + y2 +ax+by+c=0
1. you MUST put it in standard form.
2. to do this, you must COMPLETE THE SQUARE!
3. Then you can find the different parts of the equation- such as the center of the circle, and the radius.
Completing the square:
In GENERAL FORM:
1. Everything is one one side so it equals ZERO!
2. Also, if you write something in general form do not replace the x and y with their values. Leave them as "x and y" and instead replace the center (h,k) and the radius.
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"