1. Career and College Ready
2. Based on Evidence
3. Take time seriously - giving teachers the time to teach, and students the time to practice
Focus on Far Fewer Topics:
1. Whole Numbers
2. Operations of those Whole Numbers
3. Quantities they measure
1. Multiplication and Division
1. Proportional Reasoning
2. Handling equations and expressions
3. Paves the way (Grade 8) for Algebra - linear equations
1. Data and Statistics
4. Multiple Representation (Economics and Sociology)
4. Deep Understanding
1. Focus - on the Math that matters most
2. Coherence - each topic you learn at each grade builds on previous grades (reinforcement)
3. Fluency - speed and accuracy at which you can perform operations in math (automiticity/memory/speed and skill)
4. Deep Understanding - ability to use math even if you have not seen it before (using subtraction even if not guided to do so).
5. Application - apply math to different situations even if not prompted to do so (e.g. knowing when to reduce rather than solve problem right away)
6. Dual Intensity (fluency/application and understanding) -
1. What are areas of intensive focus?
2. Where do you rethink and link? Still cover material, but apply to those core areas.
3. Sampling - expose children to topics, but with less focus.
Not fair to students.
Resources are available - "priority lookbacks".
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"Alice , Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"Tim , University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly!Â I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"Jennifer , Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"Justin , LSU