1. The moral principles and standards that guide behavior in the world of business are called
A. Corporate principles.
B. Business philosophy.
C. Organizational development.
D. Business ethics.
E. Organizational politics.
2. Principles, rules, and values that people use in deciding what is right and wrong are called
A. Business ethics.
B. Corporate social responsibility.
C. Moral philosophy.
D. Business philosophy.
E. Caux Principles.
3. Tyler believes in justice and opportunity for all, and he uses these principles to make decisions about right and wrong in his daily life. These principles are part of his
A. Moral philosophy.
B. Business ethics
D. Ecocentric philosophy.
4. Ashleigh works as a receptionist for a law firm. Some of the lawyers have asked her to tell callers that they are in court when in fact they are playing golf. She wanted to quit the job because she hated to lie to people. Ashleigh is following the ethical system referred to as
5. ___________ considers acceptable behavior to be that which maximizes benefits for the individual.
6. The ethical system known as utilitarianism is centered around the idea that
A. Some values must always be upheld, regardless of the consequences.
B. Societal rules or customs should be used to order values.
C. Society will be enhanced if we all take care of ourselves and don't harm others.
D. Individuals might choose between conflicting values by tallying the final results of the various acts.
E. The greatest good for the greatest number should be the overriding concern of decision makers.
Sign up for free and study better.
Get started today!