Last Modified: 2014-08-02
- Inhibition of cell wall synthesis
- alteration of cytoplasmic membrane
- inhibition of nucleic acid synthesis
- inhibition of protein synthesis
- antimetabolite activity/ competitive antagonism
- mutated binding sites show reduced binding
- enhanced excretion from cell
- Enzymatic modification or destruction of antibiotics
- bind to ergosterol
- disrupt the plasma membrane
- amphotericin B (IV)
- Nystatin (oral, topical)
- Antibiotic resistance
- ShigA- like Toxin
- Bacteriocins or Antibiotics
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"