Midterm 1 II
- The Ohio State University
- Human Development And Family Science
- Human Development And Family Science 560
- Midterm 1 II
Last Modified: 2011-10-26
1. This is how I see me
2. This is how I see you.
3. This is how I see me, seeing you
-Non verbal cues like touching
-Facial expressions and body postures
-The extent to which messages are congruent- When all messages convey the same meaning
vs. Incongruent- (nodding head yes, but looking mad)
-Physical and Social environment
-Interpersonal needs, self concept, self-esteem
-Culture and Ethnicity
1. Ability to establish realistic communication strategies
2. Ability to exercise self-control
-It may be better to postpone a difficult convo for a time when both people have a lot of time
-Unfair division of Labor
-Disagreement about child rearing
-Lack of sexual satisfaction
-Difficulty with in-laws
-Need for connectedness and separateness
-Fairness and equity
-Actions reflect goals and objectives
-Maintaining intimacy, eliminating conflict, winning
-Happiness, support, empathy
-Passion, romance, satisfaction
-Cohesion and Intimacy
2. Family Harmony- Loving all others in the family
3. Parental Determinism- All you will be is what your parents want
4. Stable & Harmonious Past- "It was much easier to raise a child in the past"
"The discovery of adulthood"- New stages of adult hood, coming to terms with decline of body and mid-life chrisis
-"The New Aging"- More elderly people- Diet, exercise, Grandparents
2. Tremendous hostility toward gays, jews, blacks, latinos, etc.
3. Lower high school graduate levels
4. Confidence in government, business, and education
2. Division of labor- More opportunities for women
3. Same-sex marriages- De-emphasizing male/female roles
4. Child bearing outside of marriage
2. Verbal and Physical harassment
3. Lack of public recognition
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"