- State University of New York - Albany
- Library And Information Studies
- Library And Information Studies 603
Last Modified: 2011-07-06
Related Textbooks:Cataloging and Classification: An Introduction
(1) bibliographic description analysis
(2) subject analysis
(3) assign classification notation
(4) assign authority control terms
(5) MARC tags
(1) title and person of responsibility
(3) material specific details
(4) publication, copyright, imprint
(5) physical description
(8) standard #, terms of availability (ISBN, ISSN, price)
MARC has three components: (1) Record structure (Z39.2), (3) Content designation (codes and conventions), and (3) Data content (AACR2R, LCSH).
1XX fields - Main entry
2XX fields - Titles, edition, imprint
3XX fields - Physical description, etc.
4XX fields - Series statements (as shown in item)
5XX fields - Notes
6XX fields - Subject added entries
7XX fields - Added entries other than subject or series
8XX fields - Series added entries (other authoritative forms)
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"