Mystery of History Vol 1A Memory Cards
- Mystery of History Vol 1A Memory Cards
Last Modified: 2012-10-26
1st king of Israel.
He was the 2nd king of Israel. Man after God's own heart.
He was David's son. The richest man in history and had 700 wives
~ China Philosopher
~ teachings became basis for religious & moral life in China.
~ This Government official developed moral code based on
strong family bonds
- Vol 1B
509 B.C.507-31 BC
- governed by aristocratic roman senate.
- patricians: land-owning nobels. plebeians: all other free men.
1. Senate- made up by patricians
2. Assembly- made up by plebeians
3. Consuls- (2) Elected by Assembly, held veto power over assembly
The Athenians won at Marathon. The Persians were angry that the Athenians got involved with the Ionian rebellion and sent troops to Athens - outnumbered Athens forces by a lot! The Persians hastily returned to their ships, overwhelmed by the fury of the Athenians assault.Pheidippides ran 26.2 miles to Athens to tell the Athenians about the battle that they won. After he gave the information, he collapsed and died of exhaustion.
- Vol 1B
- Greek author of the first great narrative history produced in the ancient world.
- Wrote the history of the Persian war
- "Father of History"
- strengthen Athenian democracy
- hold and strengthen empire
- Glorify Athens
Words From Our Students
"StudyBlue is great for studying. I love the study guides, flashcards, and quizzes. So extremely helpful for all of my classes!"
Alice, Arizona State University
"I'm a student using StudyBlue, and I can 100% say that it helps me so much. Study materials for almost every subject in school are available in StudyBlue. It is so helpful for my education!"
Tim, University of Florida
"StudyBlue provides way more features than other studying apps, and thus allows me to learn very quickly! I actually feel much more comfortable taking my exams after I study with this app. It's amazing!"
Jennifer, Rutgers University
"I love flashcards but carrying around physical flashcards is cumbersome and simply outdated. StudyBlue is exactly what I was looking for!"